Monday 24 June 2013

Cambridge Open Studios Part 2: What to see north of the river



Some Open Studios to visit in CB3 and CB4



I've written about Melanie Max before and last year I saw her exhibition in Ely and was entranced.    I really look forward to her ice blue seascapes and minimal compositions and subtle textures.  I could gaze at these for hours.


© Melanie Max.  Source of image: Click on artist's name above.

Where:  Kaetsu Centre, Murray Edwards College (New Hall).  CB3.
When:  Weeks 2 and 3.  13-14 and 20-21 July 2013.
Studio Nr: 2





Local landscapes:  Fen Ditton, Midsummer Common.  I've not seen any work by her before so am anticipating enjoyment.

© Margaret Ollett.  Source of image: Click on artist's name above.

Where:  Harvey Goodwin Ave.  CB4.
When: Week 1.    6-7 July 2013.
Studio Nr: 7



I'm intrigued by these delicate Chinese ink creations.

© Peter Cavaciuti.  Source of image: Click on artist's name above.

Where:  Koshosai, Oxford Rd.  CB4.
When:  All 4 weeks.

6-7, 13-14, 20-21, 27-28 July 2013.
Studio Nr: 3




•  Rowan

If you've never visited this initiative, dedicated to bringing art and people with learning disabilities together, you'll be surprised at the lovely atmosphere and the great variety of work.  I went some years ago and found it a happy-making experience with unusual and diverse art.

© the artist.  

Source of image: Click on 'Rowan' above.
Where:  Humberstone Rd. CB4.
When: Weeks 2 and 3.   13-14 and 20-21 July 2013.
Studio Nr: 16






•  Mohammed Djazmi


Mohammed Djazmi had an exhibition at the Williams Art Gallery recently.  I saw it and liked it.  There will also be more minimal landscapes of the kind that appeals to me.  

© Mohammed Djazmi.  Source of image: Click on artist's name above.

Where:  Minerva Way.  CB4.

When:  Weeks 2 and 3.   13-14 and 20-21 July 2013.
Studio Nr: 26



•  Emma Will

I like the texture of the driftwood and its contrast with the smooth ceramics.

© Emma Will.  Source of image: Click on artist's name above.
Where:  Dalton Sq.  CB4.
When  Weeks 2, 3 and 4.  13-14, 20-21, 27-28 July 2013.
Studio Nr: 28



So that's what I'm hoping to see!  How about you?


Please note that this is my personal selection on my personal blog.  For a list of all the 100s of artists participating and for pictures of their work:  please consult the Cambridge Open Studios Guide.


Permalink: http://artincambridge.blogspot.com/2013/06/cambridge-open-studios-part-2-what-to.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...