Ten reasons to visit Cambridge Open Studios:
Note: If you're not in Cambridge, adapt to your own location. Many places in the world have Open Studios.
1) Discover artists in your neighbourhood.
3) Support local artists and initiatives.
4) Buy affordable art for your home and gifts for others. (Many studios have postcards and greeting cards for sale as well as larger works of art.)
5) Chat to artists (if you want). If you're shy: it's okay just to go in and have a quiet look round.
6) Have tea and snacks. (Many studios offer refreshments: a cup of juice here, a home-made biscuit there. It all adds to the atmosphere.)
7) Get fit walking or cycling from studio to studio. Enjoy spotting those yellow flags outside houses from far off!
8) Bump into friends. It's such a social event; half the fun is participating in a collective and inclusive art event.
9) Visit galleries and places you've been meaning to visit for years.
10) Discover new parts of Cambridge and Cambridgeshire.
Which studios did you visit? Drop me a line. And have a lovely sunny weekend!
What to see on Weekend 1 of CB Open Studios (some of these will be open on other weekends, too)
Some Open Studios north of the river
The top 5 collective studios